Travel Journal - A trip to PEI - Day 5

Can't believe it's been 5 days since we've been here and I had YET to visit the Anne of Green Gables site! I was living IN the area but none of my kids were that interested.  So we pushed the visit until our last day in Cavendish. We've had amazing weather so far but good things don't last forever.  On our last day in Cavendish, rain finally fell.

The Green Gables Heritage Place requires a separate admission fee.  On a better day we might have stayed longer but given that the rain started falling soon after we arrived, our stay was rather short.  Having visited Lucy M. Montgomery's home in Uxbridge before, I was not expecting too much and knew it would be a rather touristy place.  We went first thing in the morning upon finishing checking out at our place and thanking our hosts for a great time.  While busy, it wasn't too bad.  However, by the time we left, the tour buses started arriving and we were glad we had arrived early on.












On our way to our next accommodation, we also stopped by Lucy M. Montgomery's birthplace.  To me, this place was a much more memorable place! 










We listened to a short presentation by the one staff in this little museum and then just perused through the small house.





Our next two nights would be spent in something called "treetop pods".  I had stumbled upon this place on Twitter during my research and the place looked interesting. The place only had 5 "pods" so when I read upon it I had serious doubts I would find it either affordable and/or with vacancy (even though I booked 5 months in advace).  To my surprise, not only was it reasonably priced, but there were pods still available.

Treetop Haven is in a completely secluded area and as we drove there, my heart pumped in anticipation.  Even though PEI overall is quite rural, we were heading to a much more secluded area, away from Cavendish, the tourist hub aside from the capital city Charlottetown.  Upon arriving, my heart jumped of joy.  The place was amazing! Cool, clean and oh so quiet and tranquil.  There was absolutely no WIFI but by now I had gotten somewhat used to life without it and was learning to just enjoy what was in front of me.






















We may not have an outdoor pool anymore but instead the red soil, birch trees and private whirlpool more than made up for it!  After a quick soak, though, we were hungry again and headed out to scout for food.  We headed to the town of Victoria-by-the-sea nearby and tried to get a seat at the Lobster Pub Eatery.  I'm sad to report, though, that it was not only packed but the servers I tried to speak to were rather rude.  After the second waitressed treated me in a not so kind way, we decided to leave and to go next door to Beachcombers on the Wharf.  I was trying to brush off the rather unpleasant experience and thankfully our waitress was nice and sat us down quickly.  Upon ordering, we actually got to witness the tidal changes















Continue to Day 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The little boy and his sister

Just do it ... and bring along your kids

Fear and Worry