Misional Living .... BOOM!


About 6-8 years ago I started asking God to teach me what misional living was all about....then came the call to share, care and be Jesus’ hands and feet...”just be you” jesus said....no hidden agendas...but giving while God told me to wait and see how He works was not always easy.  You connect, you reach out, they thank you and move on...and then someone new comes, you reach out and they move on.  But He kept saying....I need to teach you to give because of Me, not because of the high of seeing someone become a Christian, or of feeling like I’d love you more for doing what you think Christians should do...

And then...boom!  People started telling me they were reading the Bible but needing help understanding it.  People asking me to tell them more about the Christian faith....and then, I asked the Lord for courage and started a bible study group.  The day after the first meeting, I get messages from the ladies telling me they went to buy a Bible, or found one hiding in the house, or asked how to download one...AND THEY STARTED TO READ



I have to admit, though joyous, a part of me was embarrassed that not even I was that hungry for God.  God is using them to push me to hunger for God...We are reading the Bible and chatting online during the week now...if you are a believer, and the Spirit moves you, do pray for these friends...that as the Lord promised, as they seek, they will find.  That the Living Word will pierce through the darkness, and that they will choose by faith, and not by sight!

And friends...yes, even in Toronto, there are many who have NEVER heard...and many who are hungry.  The harvest is ready....


But they are ready for JEsus....”ready” doesn’t mean they are ready for us to invite them into the church, or to be making a decision so that we can tick off the ‘converted’ box....they are ready to know that that longing they have can only be filled by Jesus.  They are ready to see that jesus is real through you.  They are ready to hear that Jesus is Love....and we neeed to continue to be ready to give as God gives us.  We have to be ready to continue giving without giving Jesus a timeline!

And if you are reaching out - do not lose heart...press on...but be willing to follow Jesus’ timing...His is always PERFECT.  He does make everything beautiful...in His Time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The little boy and his sister

Just do it ... and bring along your kids

Fear and Worry