Birthday Party with Purpose

I know it's April, but in going through my pictures I realized I never blogged about my son's last birthday party.  His birthday is in November so last year we decided to pair that with Operation Christmas Child.  We have been doing this for a while now but with every year I feel God continues to show us new ways to share the call to be missional.  So this year, after discussing it with my son, we agreed to pair 2 things into 1



Everyone was invited to bring things that could fit in a shoebox...we had so much I have saved extras for this year's gathering

We tried to categorized items for easier assembly

Easier to prefold the boxes for these 4-7 year olds.  This year, though, they might be ready to fold themselves too


Samuel requested this cake - looks more like Christmas to me but the kids loved it

The Banner in the back is just Paint Chips from Home Depot and Printed Large Letters
Showing the kids a video on Samaritan's Purse Ministry


They Loved the Veggie Tales explanation on how to assemble the boxes
Getting ready to assemble boxes

Kids choose age group and gender for boxes, and fill a form to tell the recipients something about themselves










Finished boxes

Happy Birthday to my dearest little guy!

Impromptu Magicians Giving us a show

Simple party favours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The little boy and his sister

Just do it ... and bring along your kids

Fear and Worry