Little hands with BIG heart

It is so curious to see how God reminds me with SIMPLE things about life...

Last night, we tucked the kids good-night and we proceeded to just rest in our bedroom.

About 5 minutes later, my 5 year old son runs out.  Both my husband and I rolled our eyes and looked at each other - our cue to "here we go again - what this time?"

Samuel runs ... yes ....runs to the side of the bed where I am.  I am still staring at my laptop.  I look at him and he says:

"Mom...we forgot to pray for our missionaries"

Gulp.

You see....it is missions emphasis month at our church where we are focusing on the needs of people globally...both physical as well as spiritual.  The kids have had their version of it during Sunday School.

Their teachers told them to pray for their missionaries every day.  They even came home with a folder on what to pray for.

So I put down my laptop.  Quickly looked at my husband -- we both were being given a lesson right there by God via our 5-year old boy -- and we prayed for the missionary family in Asia.

Simple.

He was satisfied.

"Amen" - and then ran back to his bedroom after saying "thanks - good night".

He then closed his bedroom door.

We didn't see him out until this morning.


I also have a book that the church has given to me to teach us to pray for our missionaries - the adult version.

Samuel's version - one sentence a day
Mommy's version - one small page a day


I guess I should not fuss about it - just pray...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it is all stripped away...

The little boy and his sister

Just do it ... and bring along your kids