Good Morning Jesus!

I woke up this morning with a pounding migraine.  I know, for fact, that a thunderstorm is on its way.

Thankfully, I have medicine that is reliable - but the side effect is that it keeps me awake...wide awake.

The clock tells me it's 6:30 AM already.  The kids are waking up early because it is so bright outside.  Summer is coming

My caring husband offers to take care of the kids so that I can sleep in.

I know I won't be able to sleep...and a thought occurs to me...why not go out for a long overdue walk/run?

I'm so out of shape - but it might be good for the body, heart and soul?

So off I go.  Clock tells me it's 6:50 AM




I turn on music from my phone and set it to 'shuffle'.  The first song I hear:  "Bless the Lord Oh my soul" and I realize I am HEARING God:  

"The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."  Zephaniah 3:17




All of a sudden I realize I should invite Jesus to go out with me.  And I do.

And I can see him SMILING of DELIGHT

And I smile back in delight.  (Psalm 37:4).   Good morning, Jesus.  It's been a while, hasn't it?

Just you and me...and the world you created.  

Acts 17:24:  ""The God who made the world and everything in it 
is the Lord of heaven and earth and 
does not live in temples built by human hands"


Along the way I see Him, I hear Him, I smell Him (yes, I did!) and I felt Him.  

He shows me.....

Despite all the "hard" places we venture through life...there are always "green pastures" along the way.  

"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters" 
Psalm 23:2





He is my ROCK - 


"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."  Psalm 18:2






He INVITES ME to GAZE upon Him and to Delight and Rest.  

Psalm 27:4 "One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."


He is the LIGHT of the world, and of my life.  Walk with the LIGHT and I shall never get lost.  

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."  1 John 1:5


God Loves me.  He likes me.  He "hearts" me!  

"The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you." Jeremiah 31:3


MEET ME in the Road less obvious - I like to stroll around a path around home that is less travelled. The trail is in the middle of developments but once inside, you almost forget you are in the midst of hundreds of suburban homes.  

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7



I passed by an old house and He told me that "The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;"  Psalm 37:23.  I focused on how rugged and old the steps to the house were.




Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE for God.  I saw this in the front lawn of a house in the path home.  

Psalm 147:5 "“Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.”


Pause and SMELL the delightful FRAGRANCE that comes from GOD!!!!  As you walk through life, NOTICE the REST STOPS I give you.  

"He has made everything beautiful in its time."  Ecclesiastes 3:11

And remember, I have designed you to be spread the sweet aroma to everyone around you!  

2 Corinthians 2:15 
"For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."


Jehovah Jireh - My Provider.  God takes care of all.  Look at these wildflowers!  

Matthew 6:28 
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin."




God Heals.  There is so much brokenness in the world.  Go and be God's hand and feet.  Remind people ONLY HE saves and heals.   

"I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security"  Jeremiah 33:6


He Breaks the Chains that Slaves us.  

"He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness, and broke away their chains." Psalm 107:14  

May the Lord help me notice the broken and chained 'houses' around me


He sets my path straight.  Walk in integrity if you want security.  You will find that only in the Lord.  

"Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, 
but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out." Proverbs 10:9



Do you have trouble hearing God?  Maybe we are trying too hard.  Just make a point to invite Him and start listening.  You will meet Him. 

Psalm 42

As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?
My tears have been my food
    day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”
These things I remember
    as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go to the house of God
    under the protection of the Mighty One[d]
with shouts of joy and praise
    among the festive throng.
Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.
My soul is downcast within me;
    therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
    the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
Deep calls to deep
    in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
    have swept over me.
By day the Lord directs his love,
    at night his song is with me—
    a prayer to the God of my life.
I say to God my Rock,
    “Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
    oppressed by the enemy?”
10 My bones suffer mortal agony
    as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”

11 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The little boy and his sister

Just do it ... and bring along your kids

Halloween - get out of the house!