My first attempt at poetry!?

I've been busy working on a mother's day promotion at Sandy's Sweets....but while working on that I thought why not try to write some poetry for all the mommy-fans God has surrounded in my life?  It's by no means perfect....but I thought I would share it with you... Poetry was NEVER my cup of tea and this might not be good at all...I even chuckle over it -- while taking English as a Second Language Class I always dreaded Poetry --- never seemed to understand English poetry...

So I guess people change! :D  ... or better yet.....God never stops changing us and showing us how much more He has in store for us!

Here is my first attempt.  For all of you moms out there - I pray that you not only know how much you are loved this Mother's Day season but that the Lord will send people to you to show you and tell you how much you mean to them!


Simply...Thank You!

For all you do
For all you say
For all you feel
From day to day

Day in and day out
You push yourself to
    love beyond what you think you can
To pour your life to us
   so that we may be
   what you see we are meant to be

Regardless of the response you get
In good days and in bad
In sleepless or peaceful nights
In connecting or rejecting moments
You never give up doing, saying, giving and feeling
Day in and day out

I thank God for all of you mothers out there
Who give it all
...and even more than all

This year
On Mother's Day
my prayer for you out there
is that you may hear, taste and see
from those whom you have poured your life over
that all giving has come back to give back to you
that you were noticed
that you are appreciated
that you are special, and
that you are indeed very much loved!

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The little boy and his sister

Just do it ... and bring along your kids

Halloween - get out of the house!